I am an artist, designer, and illustrator.
Brittney McIsaac is an artist residing in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Although she is originally from Alberta, Brittney has been exploring the beautiful Maritimes for the past 5 years. Currently, Brittney is travelling the world and trying to include as much art into her travels as possible.
Brittney has studied art and design for several years, both professionally and through personal projects. She currently works as a commissioned artist and as a freelance graphic designer.
Primarily, Brittney’s artwork is about the exploration of colour within various subjects. In the recent years she has focused on still-lifes and landscapes.
Brittney’s still-lifes vary greatly between subjects like flowers and fruit to plug-ins and scissors. However, they stay consistent through wide brush strokes and vibrant colour.
As Brittney travels, she has found a new interest in cityscapes and landscapes. Through these land/city scapes Brittney looks for similarities and differences in various cities while still enjoying playing with colour in every scene.
Upcoming Exhibits/Art Shows:
Past Exhibits/Art Shows:
- “The Owls Are Not What They Seem” a group show presented by the Dart Gallery, June 19 – July 3rd, 2014. The Dart Gallery is located at 127A Portland St., Dartmouth, NS.
- “Paint Windsor” presented by the Phoenix Hollow B&B on September 8, 2013, 10-4. In Windsor, Nova Scotia. See more info at www.paintwindsor.com.
- “Art Festival Wolfville” on July 27th, 2013, 10-5. At the Luckett Vineyard Grounds, Wolfville, Nova Scotia. See more info at www.artfestivalwolfville.com.
- “Paint Sea on Site” presented by the Lunenburg Art Gallery on July 20th, 2013, 9-4:30. In Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. See more info at www.lunenburgartgallery.com/PSOS.php.
- “Show and Social” presented by the East Coast Creative Collective on July 14th, 2013, 3-7pm. At the Second Cup on Spring Garden Road, Halifax. See more info at e3chalifax.ca.
- “Canada Day Boardwalk Artists” at Alderney Landing on July 1st, 2013, 9-5. At Alderney Landing, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. See more info at alderneylanding.com/events/outdoor_events.html.
- “Avondale Art Fair” on June 15th, 2013, 10-5. At the Avondale Sky Winery, Nova Scotia. See more info at www.avondaleartfair.com.
Most of my work is for sale and I am open to commissioned work requests. Please contact me at email@example.com